November 20 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$13
The next Men’s dinner will be on Wednesday 20th November, 6.30pm for 7pm at St Andrew’s, 46 Upper Gay Terrace, Kings Beach
Guest Speaker: Tony Johnson
Topic: Using fire as a land management tool
Tony was a Forest Ranger, Fire Protection Officer and State Facilitator for Forestry Plantations Queensland. His responsibilities included
- Review fire management practices and modify to accommodate new procedures.
- Design, review and facilitate the delivery of new training modules and units of competency for Forestry.
- Modify the skill sets required for Forestry Fire Fighters to align their competencies with interstate Agencies.
- Audit Forestry’s emergency procedures and systems and facilitate the relevant improvements.
- Facilitate internal training of Staff and Contractors for Fire Management duties.
- Investigate new technologies and equipment associated with fire management and make recommendations to management.
- Represent Forest plantation Queensland at conferences and Regional and State Inter Departmental Committees.
- Facilitate Community Education Programs and Inter Agency Fire Exercises.
He resigned in December 2011 to enhance his private business: “Adventure, Survival and Fire Management Training”
RSVP to Gordon Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th November