The Province of Queensland’s Archbishop’s November Appeal this year supports the work of Newton Theological College in Papua New Guinea. Located in PNG’s Oro Province, Newton Theological College is the only facility in PNG that trains men for priesthood in the Anglican Church. At any one time there are up to 22 students living on the campus, often accompanied by their wives and children. The diploma course is largely residential, with time also spent in parishes. The aim of the diploma course is to introduce all students to the basic theological disciplines, but with a growing emphasis on doing theology from a PNG perspective.
The appeal is seeking to raise $60,000 for Newton Theological College to provide:
· Student study materials (writing pads, pens and a bible or text book).
· Much needed water tanks for use by the college residents.
· Contribution to the annual allowances for the lecturers.
· Establishment and stocking of a chicken run (to address shortage of protein among students).
· A hand sewing machine for each woman in the Literacy and Life Skills program.
Your support of the 2019 Province of Queensland’s Archbishop’s November Appeal will help the Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea to grow stronger by empowering their future leaders and their families.